Networker

Re: [Networker] Can someone confirm the following about "scratch"

2008-05-05 10:27:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can someone confirm the following about "scratch"
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:22:13 -0400
I agree with Bruce on this...

Networker is not designed to work this way and there is really no
advantage to doing it.
Re-labeling all expired tapes to a scratch pool is both an extra step
(requiring extra time & effort) and an (IMHO) unnecessary non-value
added task. Simply set all your current pools to allow for recycling to
and from all other pools and that's all... Then It's a fairly easy task
to track expired media via mminfo queries:

mminfo -a -r "volume,location,volaccess(15),volretent,pool" -q
volrecycle

Will show you all expired media, this output can be further processed &
or sorted to meet most needs...