Networker

Re: [Networker] Library errors

2008-03-04 18:37:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Library errors
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 18:25:07 -0500
On Mar 4, 2008, at 6:15 PM, badams wrote:

Thanks for the reply. IBM charges us big $$ per visit, so we have an incentive to get it working without them. I suspect it will happen again, and I'm hoping not too often, and that it can be resolved quickly using nsrjb -HE.

I had a similar problem with a non-IBM tape library, which I no longer use. Every once in a while its robotic gripper would malfunction. As it turned out, some adjustments were necessary. That library was in use for several years. Over time, some of the gripper's parts had gone out of adjustment and it would sometimes miss a slot when it went to place a tape back in a slot and it would just sit there in front of the slot, slightly misaligned with it and get into a loop where it continuously tried to place the tape where it belonged, but fail. Your library might be in the same situation. If that's the case, you'll probably need to retain IBM to fix the problem unless you are willing to try it yourself and have the relevant information available.