Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Library Recomendations

2008-03-03 11:32:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Library Recomendations
From: Ken Gehring <ken.gehring AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:24:29 -0700
Just 1 very critical (at least to me) thing to consider is if the
library is serviced by the manufacturer locally and that the maker of
the library hasn't outsourced the service to someone else (like NCR or
UNISYS).
There are a number of good choices to make for libraries such as IBM,
ADIC, HP, Sun/Storagetek ........

Ken

--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.