Networker

Re: [Networker] Waiting for writable volumes when volumes available, why?

2008-03-03 09:54:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Waiting for writable volumes when volumes available, why?
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:40:00 -0600
Hello,
Is the tape being mounted between the time you mark it recyclable and
read-only, if so, does your drive need cleaning ? are there any errors on
the drive ? are your barcode\config etc sable before this happed, are the
pools setup correctly, is automendia management on ?
What does deamon log say ?
Was any firmware driver\config changed recently ?
How are the drives attached, FC or SCSI, if so have you checked for any
errors on them ?
Any recent change to the Tape Lib config parameters ? i.e CDI.
Any service pack applied recently ?
Could the Networker media dB gone corrupted ?
HTH

Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/03/2008 08:07 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Waiting for writable volumes when volumes availables, why?

Hello again,

And we have found that changing a tape to "recycle" it changes to "read
only" so we suppose that this is the reason for not being used, but why?

 >nsrmm -y -o notreadonly LNR102

 >mminfo -a -r "volume,volflags,state,capacity,written,%used,olabel,
labeled" | find /i "LNR102"
LNR102              M        160 GB  90 GB  57% 12/18/2003 12/10/2007

 >nsrmm -y -o notfull LNR102

 >mminfo -a -r "volume,volflags,state,capacity,written,%used,olabel,
labeled" | find /i "LNR102"
LNR102              M        160 GB  90 GB  57% 12/18/2003 12/10/2007

 >nsrmm -y -o recyclable LNR102

 >mminfo -a -r "volume,volflags,state,capacity,written,%used,olabel,
labeled" | find /i "LNR102"
LNR102         r    X        160 GB  90 GB full 12/18/2003 12/10/2007

Why volflags is 'r' (read-only) when changing to recyclable?

Any clues?

Thanks.

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Systems Manager                | Campus Nord - Modul B6

        manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 0847
        http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040

type