Networker

Re: [Networker] Waiting for writable volumes when volumes availables, why?

2008-03-03 08:49:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Waiting for writable volumes when volumes availables, why?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:45:55 +0100
Hello again,

We have seen that volumes expected to be used (available ones) are marked as 'read only':

mminfo -a -r "volume,volflags,state,capacity,written,%used,olabel,
labeled" | find /i "LNR101"
LNR101         r    E        160 GB 158 GB full 12/18/2003 12/8/2007

If we change this flag from command line, the flag is gone:

nsrmm -o notreadonly LNR101
Mark sdlt320 tape LNR101 as not readonly? YES

mminfo -a -r "volume,volflags,state,capacity,written,%used,olabel,
labeled" | find /i "LNR101"
LNR101                       160 GB 158 GB full 12/18/2003 12/8/2007

but after we change the tape from the graphical interface to recyclable it becomes in the same state as the initial one.

Why this happens?

Manel Rodero wrote:
Hello

Our Networker Server (7.4.1 under Windows 2003 R2) has starting writing message "waiting for writable volumes" for one pool when it have 10 or more volumes availables.

All these available volumes are marked as "mode = recyclable" and "expiration = disabled". We have used "Change Mode" and "Recycle" options in the Networker Administrator for set the tapes as "recyclable" and "auto" without success.

All these tapes are assigned to the right pool.

What are possibly reasons for this behaviour?

Thank you!

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Systems Manager                | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 0847
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040