Networker

Re: [Networker] Errors labeling tapes?

2007-12-14 12:54:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Errors labeling tapes?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:51:00 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
12/14/2007 11:19:53 AM:

> Odds are, your tape library's drives are connected via fibre channel
> and the persistent binding isn't working. You need to verify that each
> physical device is correctly mapped to the device files that NetWorker
> expects them to be mapped to.

OK ... we're not sure what this means, or how to do it. We've not changed
any configurations on NetWorker, the server, the tape drive or the FC
switches. How do I check this? Can you point me somewhere?

Thanks