Networker

Re: [Networker] SUN X4500 'Thumper' as a storage node?

2007-04-20 16:04:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] SUN X4500 'Thumper' as a storage node?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:02:00 -0400
On Apr 20, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Eric Haupt wrote:

Is anyone using a SUN X4500 "Thumper" server as a storage node, backup to disk, staging server yet in their production environments with NetWorker? If so can you please share with the group your impressions and experiences?

What a coincidence! I am home sick and I have been out of town earlier this week, but an x4500 arrived on Monday at work. We're intending to use it as a storage node on our PetaSite and set it up with dynamic drive sharing. If I remember correctly, its a standard system configuration, but with 32-bit Red Hat Linux installed.

I am tempted to order another x4500 with Solaris 10 to replace our aging Solaris 9 box that we use on our PetaSite as our NetWorker server with NetWorker 7.2.1 or perhaps 7.3.something else.

I am definitely interested in reading any comments people have with using these boxes in a NetWorker environment.