Networker

Re: [Networker] SUN X4500 'Thumper' as a storage node?

2007-04-23 13:31:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] SUN X4500 'Thumper' as a storage node?
From: Eric Haupt <eric.haupt AT FTICONSULTING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:31:09 -0400
Stan, get well soon and get that X4500 deployed so we can hear about it :)
Are you currently doing disk-to-disk-to-tape?  We are currently doing just
disk-to-tape, but have been considering VTLs for a while. With the X4500 we
feel we can manage d-d-t on it's own. Also sounds like the X4500 could work
nicely as a VTL.

http://www.falconstor.com/en/news/?pg=Releases&ArticleID=463
FalconStor has certified the SunFire X4500 for the IPStor platform running
on Linux. The X4500 with the IPStor platform creates a robust storage
solution for data protection and high density storage applications. IPStor
adds iSCSI and Infiniband to the X4500´s Fibre Channel connectivity plus
extensive enterprise-class storage services. In addition for data
protection, FalconStor has certified the x4500 for its branded VirtualTape
Library on Sun Solaris. The X4500 with FalconStor´s VirtualTape Library is a
cost effective solution for remote offices and smaller data centers.