Networker

Re: [Networker] desktop backup software

2006-12-08 12:23:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] desktop backup software
From: "Rohrich, James" <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:21:35 -0600
It is more complicated than that. Users have personal drives, and I will
not backup a windows desktop even though someone said some are using it
as storage device as if it was a sever, BIG MISTAKE. My first bit of
advice was to find a server where they can copy the data, and a personal
drive on their home drive would not be my recommendation. We restrict
how much storage users may use on home drives.

James Rohrich

Enterprise Data Architect
IT Planning
UOP LLC