Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 Migration Updates?

2006-10-05 12:27:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 Migration Updates?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:18:30 -0500
In regard to: RE: [Networker] 7.3.2 Migration Updates?, Peter Viertel said...:

NMC is far more useful to me than the old motif gui (or Paris for that
matter). I have not had to use the old purple and green monster for
several months now, and while I was the first one to wail over it's
demise, I've grown to love the pretty java memory hog for simple things
like resizable text windows for entering directives and seeing client
configs in tables...

Thanks Peter!  It's good to hear that the GUI is useful enough so that
you're a "convert".  That's a good sign.

 The reporting is still close to useless for day to
day operations, but wonderful for creating random piecharts with what
management want to see...

My impression is that the reports are more useful to people that are less
experienced with NetWorker, but since it looks like there's some
options for customization, I'm going to keep an open mind about that too.

All of my servers are 7.2.1 or 7.2.2 still...   I just put the nmc and
the 7.3.2 client package on my workstation...

That's a good idea, I probably should have done that a long time ago,
to begin preparing for the new version.  I think I'll do the same now,
so I can wean myself off the green gui.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                           Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                      (701) 231-1076 (Voice)

"signoff networker" in the