Networker

Re: [Networker] HELP - BRP

2006-05-16 11:01:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] HELP - BRP
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:00:46 -0400
No, it doesn't look like its getting far..  When you get the read
error are there any scsi type errors in the event log ?

Since your specifying -f0  I suppose you could try -f1, -f2 etc...
trying to go to different file.

It seems to have a problem with the filemarks though.  You can try
scanner -vvvv \\.\Tape0 and scanner -vvvv -f 0 -r 3  to check out
the tape.   The block size should be reported then.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:12:39 -0400, Scalise, Kathleen (NSTS.JAX)
<kathleen_scalise AT ML DOT COM> wrote:

>This doesn't look good...does it??
>

>D:\>scanner -i -f 0 -r 3 \\.\Tape0
>scanner: scanning LTO Ultrium-3 tape K01024 on \\.\Tape0
>scanner: LTO Ultrium-3 tape K01024 already exists in the media index
>scanner: error, fsr 2 (read): A tape access reached a filemark.
>scanner: fn 0 rn 3 read error More data is available.
>scanner: fn 0 rn 3 read error More data is available.
>scanner: done with LTO Ultrium-3 tape K01024
>
>Kathleen Scalise

I -f 0 -r 3 \\.\Tape0
>Check if the tape can be read at your i2k library.
>
>regards
>Klaus
>
>-----Urspr?he Nachricht-----
Auftrag von Kathleen
>Gesendet: Montag, 15. Mai 2006 15:29
>An: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>Betreff: [Networker] HELP - BRP
>
>We are at our BRP site for an upcoming Disaster Recovery test later this
>week.  We brought a tape to our BRP site and I am trying to scan it in.  No
>matter what options I use, we keep getting the following.
>
>D:\>scanner -i \\.\Tape0
>scanner: scanning LTO Ultrium-3 tape K01024 on \\.\Tape0
>scanner: LTO Ultrium-3 tape K01024 already exists in the media index
>scanner: fn 2 rn 0 read error More data is available.
>scanner: fn 2 rn 0 read error More data is available.
>scanner: done with LTO Ultrium-3 tape K01024
>

>I have done a scanner -i, tried entering the client, tried the ssid, same
>error message.
>
>The original backup was done in i2k library w/LTO-3 drives, the drive at
>our BRP site is a stand-alone LTO3.
>
>There has been no backups or anything done on the BRP Networker server.
>Any ideas??
>
>Thanks,
>Kathleen
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems wit this

>If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the
sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain
or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to
this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems