Networker

[Networker] About Removable Storage service

2006-03-20 11:14:16
Subject: [Networker] About Removable Storage service
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:12:10 +0100
Hello,

I would like to know which is the correct configuration for this service in
a Legato NetWorker server 7.1.4 (running under Windows 2000 Server SP4).
We're using a Qualstar TLS6460 with 4 SDLT-320 drives.

Actually I'm getting the following errors in System's Event Viewer:

RSM cannot manage library Tape0.  It encountered an unspecified error. This
can be caused by a number of problems including, but not limited to,
database corruption, failure communicating with the library, or insufficient
system resources.

And these in the bootstrap report:

* server:SYSTEM DB:\ Removable Storage Database - rsmow: Could not start RSM
service for backup operation.
* server:SYSTEM DB:\ Removable Storage Database - Error saving

I've tried different combination of its startup settings (disabled, manual
and auto) and with every of them I get some different errors.

As we're using Legato to manage the library this service must be disabled,
isn't it? What I must know to deal with Removable Storage in Windows 2000?

Thank you very much.

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Helpdesk Manager               | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040