Networker

Re: [Networker] savegrp -O to a non-Default pool

2004-06-28 14:58:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] savegrp -O to a non-Default pool
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:58:00 +0100
Dave Mussulman wrote:
I'm getting ready to upgrade Networker, and I wanted to do one last
bootstrap/index backup.  When I run a 'savegrp -O', it asks for the
Default pool, which we don't use in our environment.  I checked the
savegrp man page, but couldn't find out the way to define a pool for the
savegrp command.  Obviously, Networker works around this when it
triggers the savegrp.  What flag am I missing?  Thanks,

When you say you did "savegrp -O", did you do literally that? Or did you
specify a group as well? If you don't specify a group name with the
savegrp command it will default to the Default group. If you specify a
group it should use the pool that the group is a member of. Note also
that savegrp when run from the command line does not pick up parameters
from the group resource in the same way that it would when run from the
NetWorker scheduler, so if you have specified a level or schedule for
the group in the NSR group resource it will be ignored.