Networker

Re: [Networker] savegrp -O to a non-Default pool

2004-06-28 15:14:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] savegrp -O to a non-Default pool
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:14:14 -0500
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 07:58:00PM +0100, Davina Treiber wrote:
> Dave Mussulman wrote:
> >I'm getting ready to upgrade Networker, and I wanted to do one last
> >bootstrap/index backup.  When I run a 'savegrp -O', it asks for the
> >Default pool, which we don't use in our environment.  I checked the
> >savegrp man page, but couldn't find out the way to define a pool for the
> >savegrp command.  Obviously, Networker works around this when it
> >triggers the savegrp.  What flag am I missing?  Thanks,
>
> When you say you did "savegrp -O", did you do literally that? Or did you
> specify a group as well? If you don't specify a group name with the
> savegrp command it will default to the Default group. If you specify a
> group it should use the pool that the group is a member of. Note also
> that savegrp when run from the command line does not pick up parameters
> from the group resource in the same way that it would when run from the
> NetWorker scheduler, so if you have specified a level or schedule for
> the group in the NSR group resource it will be ignored.

I was running it with a group ('savegrp -O Full-Server') but it didn't
help.  No matter if I tried as a probe or not (-p) or all or just the
indexes (-O) I couldn't get the command line to go to a non-default
pool.  I guess whatever vodoo I have in my daily operations (levels to
certain pools, etc.) I can't easily map that to a direct commandline
for the bootstraps.  So I gave up.

I decided to let my noon laptops backup run, which would produce a
bootstrap, and go with that.  Thanks for the help,

Dave