Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice on a specs for a Sun

2003-12-02 13:50:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice on a specs for a Sun
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:50:29 -0500
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, George Sinclair wrote:

>Additional needs:
>We will need enough SCSI slots for at least 2-3 SCSI cards, and we will
>also need to be able to run 2 ethernet cards in each Sun.
>
>Can anyone offer any recommendations or advice on a suitable Sun? I'm
>looking to save money where I can (gee, shoulda bought a PC. LOL!), but
>I just need a recommended model(s), so I can work up a price quote to my
>boss real quick.

Please clarify why you are running a storage node. There might be an
opportunity for you to combine your NetWorker server and storage node
into a single Sun system, but it depends on details you did not disclose
such as why the storage node is in your environment. Also, what kind of
network do you use for doing your backups?