Networker

Re: [Networker] Auto Meida Management and Storage Nodes?

2003-08-21 12:56:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Auto Meida Management and Storage Nodes?
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:55:49 -0400
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:52:20 -0400, Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:47:09 -0400, Yura Pismerov <ypismerov AT TUCOWS DOT COM>
>wrote:
>

>>        Yes, I know I can force it if I label a tape manually, but when
>>Networker labels the tapes automatically it does not force it, right ?
>>What it does instead, it unloads the tape, re-loads it and tries again,
>>then unloads it again, etc., and it continues doing that 20 times. Then
>>it gives up and marks the drive as faulty.
>>        Do you know how to add the -Y option to the automatic tape
labeling
>>procedure ?
>>It would solve my problem.
>
>There is a field in the jukebox resource called "Operation response" with
>options of yes/no/prompt. I've never used it but I imagine this might do
>the trick.

I spoke too soon. It looks like one of those one shot options that you can
use to do an operation once. Shame.

The other thing you could do would be to label a batch of new tapes en
masse into a "scratch" pool with "recycle to other pools" set, then
set "recycle from other pools" on all other pools. Make all these
recyclable after labelling. You could then turn AMM off if you wish.