Networker

[Networker] Module for Oracle?

2003-04-25 12:47:34
Subject: [Networker] Module for Oracle?
From: "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris AT RDLG DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:37:29 -0400
I have a few licenses for Oracle BusinessSuite which I'm hoping is the
module to do hot backups of the database for my Legato 6.1.2 server.
The media is long gone and we need it to reinstall a server that the
DBA's have finally decided to try this on instead of backing up dumps to
filesystems.

We don't have a current support contract and we're having fun with
management trying to convince them it's worth the $80K since our server
is behaving now.  Am I SOL on the module or is it available for download
somewhere?  I found the download page but only found a request for
evaluation.  The licenses are already installed on the server and happy.
My Legato Server is Linux and the Oracle server is Solaris, I don't
think we have any other Oracle platforms currently.

Thoughts?
  Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert AT ipv6.rdlg DOT net     http://ipv6.rdlg.net