Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP clients indexes gets backed up to pool Default - how to solve?

2003-04-25 12:52:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP clients indexes gets backed up to pool Default - how to solve?
From: Oscar NOSPAM Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:52:53 +0200
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Mark T Wragge wrote:

MTW> So although my filer data and index are backed up to the same pool they are
MTW> always to seperate tapes.  If I do not have a tape in this pool in the
MTW> library of the networker server then the group will never complete as there
MTW> will be a pending message requesting a tape.

Well, either way, the solution was much more simple than I thought. It is
possible to mix savesets from NDMP clients and non-NDMP clients. One just
has to allow the NDMP pool to use all tape devices in the library. Then it
mounts a tape from that pool on a non-NDMP tape device and writes the
index there. I have tried mounting a tape that has only indexes on it on
the NDMP tape device and starting the savegroup that contains NDMP
clients, and it has saved data to that tape successfully as well.

Conclusion: The information I had previously received off-list about not
mixing NDMP savesets and non-NDMP savesets was incorrect. Everything works
now.

//Oscar