Networker

Re: [Networker] restore files of a client onto another server (using different networker Servers)

2002-08-25 22:14:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] restore files of a client onto another server (using different networker Servers)
From: han <k0s5 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:17:24 -0700
--- Doug Phillips <dphillips AT CSENERGY.COM DOT AU> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are currently setting up a DR system (Oracle
> standby database) in a
> remote office.  The original system is located at
> Head Office (HO).  The HO
> is connected to the Remote Office (RO) via a
> relatively slow WAN link.
>
> Both the HO and RO has a Legato Networker Server.
> Due to the link speed,
> the restore of the database from the HO Server to
> the RO client is
> impossible.
>
> The plan was to take the HO client backup tape to
> the RO server.  Then do
> the following on the RO server:
>   1. use scanner to build information about tape
> contents.  The command
>      used was "scanner -i -p -m \\.\Tape0"
>
>   2. mmifno SAPDR.001 --> shows the SSID on the
> tape.
>
>   3. recover -c <HO client> (I created the HO client
> on the RO server).
>
> When I ask recover to show me the volumes required,
> they only
> show "Unknown" as the answer.  If I then try to
> recover the marked files,
> the recover cannot find the volumes needed,
> probably because the volume is
> unknown.
>
> Am I doing something wrong in the process??
> Is there a better methodology to use to get my
> Database from HO to the RO?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Doug Phillips
> SAP Basis Consultant.

Hi Doug,

What is the version of Networker you have?
Assuming that step 1 and 2 above successfully.
You may hit the infamous clientID mismatch.
Compare the client ID from mminfo output with GUI
output. If it is different, check previous posting
with subject: No Save Set on my backup. Please help~!
x-O by Robert Maiello for the workaround

cheers - han