Networker

[Networker] restore files of a client onto another server (using different networker Servers)

2002-08-25 21:51:37
Subject: [Networker] restore files of a client onto another server (using different networker Servers)
From: Doug Phillips <dphillips AT CSENERGY.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:44:51 -0400
Hi

We are currently setting up a DR system (Oracle standby database) in a
remote office.  The original system is located at Head Office (HO).  The HO
is connected to the Remote Office (RO) via a relatively slow WAN link.

Both the HO and RO has a Legato Networker Server.  Due to the link speed,
the restore of the database from the HO Server to the RO client is
impossible.

The plan was to take the HO client backup tape to the RO server.  Then do
the following on the RO server:
  1. use scanner to build information about tape contents.  The command
     used was "scanner -i -p -m \\.\Tape0"

  2. mmifno SAPDR.001 --> shows the SSID on the tape.

  3. recover -c <HO client> (I created the HO client on the RO server).

When I ask recover to show me the volumes required, they only
show "Unknown" as the answer.  If I then try to recover the marked files,
the recover cannot find the volumes needed,  probably because the volume is
unknown.

Am I doing something wrong in the process??
Is there a better methodology to use to get my Database from HO to the RO?

Thanks in advance.

Doug Phillips
SAP Basis Consultant.