Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved

2017-03-15 06:06:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, Vanush Misha Paturyan <misha AT cs.nuim DOT ie>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 11:05:19 +0100
Hello,

If you try pulling the git repository again and rerunning the regression tests, they should now work.

Best regards,
Kern

On 03/14/2017 01:05 PM, Vanush Misha Paturyan wrote:
On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 05:03:48PM +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:
Hello Dan,

Thank you for taking the initiative on this.  Yes, there was a brief period
when there was no project defined for regression testing (Dart) after the
switch from the old server to the new one.  However, it is up and working.  The
project is Bacula-7.4.

I would especially appreciate it if someone could test on OpenBSD, where
currently there is a seg fault in the new acl-xattr code.  If all goes well, I
will shortly have a fix, but I don't have a system to test it on.
Hi Kern,

I've tried to run regression tests for Bacula 7.4.6 on OpenBSD 6.0,
but the "make setup" step (ran in the bacula/regress directory)
returns with the following error:

Compiling bnet.c
bnet.c: In function 'int set_socket_errno(int)':
bnet.c:632: error: 'EPROTO' was not declared in this scope
*** Error 1 in target 'bnet.lo'
*** Error 1 in build/src/lib (Makefile:184 'bnet.lo': @/home/misha/bacula/regress/build/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile /usr/bin/g...)

  ====== Error in /home/misha/bacula/regress/build/src/lib ======

*** Error 1 in build (Makefile:152 'all')
Bad exit code giving up
*** Error 1 in /home/misha/bacula/regress (Makefile:36 'bacula')

Also, this might be completely unrelated, but at the very beginning of
the "make setup" command I can see grep complaining about "-m" flag.

I am new to any BSD, so I don't really know what to do next. Is this
the appropriate place to report this issue?

Cheers,

Misha