Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved

2017-03-14 08:19:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved
From: "Vanush Misha Paturyan" <misha AT cs.nuim DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:05:51 +0000
On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 05:03:48PM +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello Dan,
>
> Thank you for taking the initiative on this.  Yes, there was a brief period
> when there was no project defined for regression testing (Dart) after the
> switch from the old server to the new one.  However, it is up and working.
> The
> project is Bacula-7.4.
>
> I would especially appreciate it if someone could test on OpenBSD, where
> currently there is a seg fault in the new acl-xattr code.  If all goes well, I
> will shortly have a fix, but I don't have a system to test it on.

Hi Kern,

I've tried to run regression tests for Bacula 7.4.6 on OpenBSD 6.0,
but the "make setup" step (ran in the bacula/regress directory)
returns with the following error:

Compiling bnet.c
bnet.c: In function 'int set_socket_errno(int)':
bnet.c:632: error: 'EPROTO' was not declared in this scope
*** Error 1 in target 'bnet.lo'
*** Error 1 in build/src/lib (Makefile:184 'bnet.lo':
@/home/misha/bacula/regress/build/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile
/usr/bin/g...)

  ====== Error in /home/misha/bacula/regress/build/src/lib ======

*** Error 1 in build (Makefile:152 'all')
Bad exit code giving up
*** Error 1 in /home/misha/bacula/regress (Makefile:36 'bacula')

Also, this might be completely unrelated, but at the very beginning of
the "make setup" command I can see grep complaining about "-m" flag.

I am new to any BSD, so I don't really know what to do next. Is this
the appropriate place to report this issue?

Cheers,

Misha

--
Vanush "Misha" Paturyan