Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula feedback about documentation

2017-02-09 04:03:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula feedback about documentation
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Serge Pouliquen <sp31415 AT free DOT fr>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 10:02:04 +0100
Hello,

The documentation concerning SQLite is somewhat out of date, and for the
most part was written concerning SQLlite and not SQLite3, which is as
far as I know stable.  The code for SQLite3 remains in Bacula, but it is
no longer supported.  As far as I know, it works perfectly fine, but it
is terribly slow compared to MySQL and PostgreSQL, except for very small
workloads.  SQLite3 is embedded in may products (not in Bacula) and so
the author has made and succeeded in a considerable effort to bring it
up to date and to make it stable.

For a small workload, I recommend MySQL, but for larger workloads (more
then 20 backups per night) PostgreSQL performs better. PostgreSQL is
slightly harder to install than MySQL, but once installed works
flawlessly with Bacula.

Best regards,
kern