Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Change order of when a backup is run

2015-10-30 20:17:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Change order of when a backup is run
From: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:15:56 -1000
Thank you, Phil and Dimitri!

I think Bill's suggestion about AllowMixedPriority will work for me.

Dimitri, I run a lot of backups with the same schedule of which I cannot change at the moment.  In the beginning it worked out okay, but some long jobs were added on, and since the jobs run alphabetically I'm faced with the problem of the long jobs starting late because of their name.  I am spooling and running 15 jobs concurrently with Accurate turned On on my backups.

Again, thank you for the help!
-craig

On 2015-10-28 18:23, Craig Shiroma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently, all my backups start at a certain time of the day.  The order
> in which Bacula runs them appears to be alphabetically.  I have some
> long running backups.  I was wondering if there is a way to start these
> jobs first instead of wait until it's their turn alphabetically without
> having to put them on a different schedule?

What are you trying to achieve? If you spool them and allow concurrent
jobs, you may be able to get the short-running ones done while
long-running ones are running.

Dima