Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Change order of when a backup is run

2015-10-28 22:48:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Change order of when a backup is run
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:28:04 -0400
On 10/28/2015 07:23 PM, Craig Shiroma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently, all my backups start at a certain time of the day.  The order in
> which Bacula runs them appears to be alphabetically.  I have some long running
> backups.  I was wondering if there is a way to start these jobs first instead
> of wait until it's their turn alphabetically without having to put them on a
> different schedule?
>
> Best regards,
> Craig

Hi Craig,

You can set the priority of the jobs to a lower number, making them a higher
priority (default Priority is 10). If they are using the same schedule and
start at the same time as the other jobs, the jobs with a higher priority will
run first.

But, the caveat is that all other jobs of a lower priority (or different
priority even) will wait until these jobs with a higher priority finish.

Take a look at the "Priority" and the "AllowMixedPriority" Job options to see
why you may (or may not) want to use priorities in your jobs.

Another option is to create different schedules and assign the jobs you want
to start first to a schedule that runs earlier.

Hope this helps.

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski