Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Copy jobs and multiple storage daemons

2015-10-22 20:51:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] Copy jobs and multiple storage daemons
From: Brendan Martin <brendan AT physics.tamu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:52:03 -0500
I am running Bacula 5.2.6 on Debian 8.1.  My backups are disk-based.

I have a local primary backup server and a remote secondary backup
server.  The secondary is intended to contain copies of the backups on
the primary.  Each is running its own storage daemon, which, according
to the documentation, is not a supported configuration for copy jobs.  I
have explored and experimented with this at length (Thanks, Ana).

I am curious as to what creative means others have used to get around
this limitation.  Aside from NFS mounting the remote storage on the
local server, which I really do not want to do, or defining (non-copy)
jobs to backup the primary to the secondary, which I would prefer not to
do, I'm not sure how best to accomplish remote backup copies.

Is anyone doing this in an environment with a similar configuration?

Thanks,
Brendan Martin