Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] LTO Cartridge Memory Specification?

2015-10-22 04:56:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] LTO Cartridge Memory Specification?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Bacula ML <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 10:37:25 +0200
Hello,

I apologize for posting a somewhat Off Topic question, but all
attempts to find this information elsewehere failed so far...

Is anybody aware of a publicly available document descibing the
contents of the LTO Cartridge Memory?

My LTO library can read and display this data; most of it is
self-esplaining, except for a data field "TAF" which probably
contains error or wear information - for most tapes this is empty,
but for a few (old, long used) ones I see entries like "3, 4, 6" or
"3, 4, 6, 20".  I would like to understand what these mean?

Can anybody shed any light on this?  Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
"Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked. "Begin  at  the
beginning,"  the  King said, gravely, "and go on till you come to the
end: then stop."    - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll