Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] random access for file storage

2015-10-08 12:18:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] random access for file storage
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Boisdesdames <boisdesdames AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 00:55:20 -0300
Hello,

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Boisdesdames <boisdesdames AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Hi,

In the config file for a file storage device, randomaccess should be set
to "yes". But what if nothing is explicitly mentioned ? What is the
default in bacula ?

​If not defined in the device resource, the default is no.​

I use multiplexing on file storage to backup servers to bacula and
experience very bad performance to copy backup stored on disk to the
tape library, especially with backups that are (I suppose) highly
multiplexed (low bakups and big data). Idem to restore those backup. As
if positioning inside the volume file was like on tape.

​Your disk device should be configured with Random Access = yes.

Thank you for your help.

Patrick

​Regards,
Ana​