Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] random access for file storage

2015-10-02 14:39:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] random access for file storage
From: Boisdesdames <boisdesdames AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 20:35:08 +0200
Hi,

In the config file for a file storage device, randomaccess should be set
to "yes". But what if nothing is explicitly mentioned ? What is the
default in bacula ?

I use multiplexing on file storage to backup servers to bacula and
experience very bad performance to copy backup stored on disk to the
tape library, especially with backups that are (I suppose) highly
multiplexed (low bakups and big data). Idem to restore those backup. As
if positioning inside the volume file was like on tape.

Thank you for your help.

Patrick