Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can Bacula backup incremental files

2015-05-21 12:27:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can Bacula backup incremental files
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 18:25:25 +0200
Hello,

> i have run bacula v5.2.6.
> My problem is, that i have a big file (25GB) and each day becomes the file to
> end a piece longer. Does the possibility exist that bacula only protects the
> modifications in the file?
> At the time backup bacula by incremental the completely 25GB file.

Hello Taz: as far as I know the only way is probably the Bacula Enterprise Delta plugin => http://www.baculasystems.com/products/bacula-enterprise-plugins/delta

Or Global Endpoint Deduplication :)

Different algorithm but the same or better storage performance.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net