Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director CLUSTER

2015-05-19 09:57:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director CLUSTER
From: Carlo Filippetto <carlo.filippetto AT gmail DOT com>
To: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 15:52:34 +0200
Hi Ana,

(i'm supposing you will have on site2 just the volumes of resulting copy jobs), it could be interesting to not replicate the original backup jobs into your catalog on site2. This way bacula will promote the copy jobs to "normal" backup jobs. And you will not have backup jobs in your catalog for which you do not have the corresponding volumes. Before starting the use of Bacula from site2 you could simply delete from catalog in site2 all your jobs Type=F,D,I and all the copy jobs should be promoted to normal backup jobs.

I thought something like:
in site 2 have all the copy Job (incr. and diff) and create every month a VirtualFull, so I don't need to use the site1 to restore a machine.

I have only to try!!

CIAO