Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula is only is not using full tape space

2015-05-15 06:23:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula is only is not using full tape space
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Markus Rosjat <rosjat AT ghweb DOT de>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 12:21:18 +0200
Hello,

As far as I know, there was never any Bacula version 3.

Where did you get the binaries?
What is the exact version you are running?
Is your OS Window 2003 SBS?  (if I am not wrong, this system is no
longer supported).

It sounds like your SD is running on a Windows machine and you are
probably running a *very* old or non-existent version of Bacula.

Although there were a few Windows versions that had a Director and a
Storage daemon, the Windows SD and Director have never been fully
supported, and especially writing to tape.  In fact if you are using
Windows to write to tape, I would be interested to hear about it, and in
any case, if it is a Windows system, I am not surprised to hear that
there are problems because I have never had a Windows system with an
attached tape drive to test.

Best regards,
Kern