Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 7 rpm again (Fedora/RHEL/CentOS repo): update kills running jobs

2015-05-15 03:39:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 7 rpm again (Fedora/RHEL/CentOS repo): update kills running jobs
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 09:34:23 +0200
Hello,

On 13 May 2015 at 19:59, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu> wrote:
here's another one from today's update.

yum log:
> May 13 12:43:57 Updated: bacula-storage-7.0.5-6.el7.x86_64
> May 13 12:43:57 Updated: bacula-director-7.0.5-6.el7.x86_64

messages:

[...]

End result: a dozen backup jobs killed.

Now I know.

I think you've done some confusion. First of all, don't upgrade packages while you're using the softwre. If you have backups running don't upgrade/restart the database or the daemons, that's pretty obvious; otherwise you will have problems. The restart of the daemons is part of the normal Fedora/RHEL packaging guidelines:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/bacula.git/tree/bacula.spec#n508

The latest update only contained the dependency on some fonts for the specific usage case of the graphical console forwarded on a headless server and has nothing to do with the issue you are posting:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/bacula.git/commit/?id=77a6346cb45fac866134584cc78777884278380c

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/