Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 7 RPMs: another issue

2015-05-15 04:06:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 7 RPMs: another issue
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 10:02:00 +0200
Hello,

On 14 May 2015 at 19:17, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu> wrote:
Hi Simone,

another minor glitch: bacula-director installs logwatch. It shouldn't.

Especially since it's b0rk3d on centos 7: it's installed with "--output
mail" in /etc/cron.daily/0logwatch so it's ignoring the "Save =" in
logwatch config file. You can't shut it up, you can't remove it, your
changes to /etc/cron.daily/0logwatch won't survive yum update.

You're right, the RHEL package is broken regarding the logwatch files. The Fedora package has the proper configuration in place (i.e. marking the cron files as configuration):

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/logwatch.git/tree/logwatch.spec#n166

While the RHEL package does not, its last update is in december 2013. If you have a valid RedHat account you should report to them and ask for a bugfix; unfortunately I can't do that. I'm opening a bug in bugzilla now, but unfortunately their tendence is to ignore bugs opened without customer accounts.

And regarding the dependency, yes, you're correct, it should be up to the administrator to install logwatch if needed. This is something I inherited in 2010 when taking over the package maintainership.

I'm posting a new update in few hours.

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/