Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring to different host

2015-04-29 22:18:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring to different host
From: Romeo Theriault <romeot AT hawaii DOT edu>
To: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 21:53:27 -0400
If you go onto the host yourself, as root can you create "etc" in /tmp?

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:01 PM, Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to a restore file to a different host's /tmp.  I've select the target host by changing the value of Restore Client during the restore process, selecting the desired target host to restore to from the hosts list presented.  However, when I attempt the restore, I get the following error message:

2015-04-29 14:30:09<target_hostname> JobId 83765: Error: makepath.c:142 Cannot create directory /tmp/etc: ERR=Permission denied

Any idea what could be causing the problem?  Restoring to the source host is no problem.

Note: I replaced the actual hostname with "<target_hostname>" in the above error message.

Thanks in advance,

-Craig