Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HP 1/8 G2 LTO6 Ultrium 6250 SAS autoloader

2015-04-29 14:38:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP 1/8 G2 LTO6 Ultrium 6250 SAS autoloader
From: Randall Svancara <rsvancara AT gmail DOT com>
To: Michael Ivanov <ivans AT isle.spb DOT ru>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:36:38 -0700
Hi,

The big thing for supporting tape libraries includes:

1.  Can you support mt and mtx commands for the tape changer
2.  Is the drive supported in Linux.

If you can answer both those questions I would say you are good to go.  However I can say that some changers have issues and I have had to modify the mtx scripts to make them work.  For example, sometimes you have to issue an explicit eject to the tape drive before you can move the tape with the tape changer, where as in other tape changers, a move operation implicitly ejects the tapes.  Since the mtx scripts for bacula are just shell scripts, you can easily make modifications you need to make things work.

Randall