Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HP 1/8 G2 LTO6 Ultrium 6250 SAS autoloader

2015-04-29 12:37:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP 1/8 G2 LTO6 Ultrium 6250 SAS autoloader
From: Michael Ivanov <ivans AT isle.spb DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 19:33:34 +0300
Yes I know that, actually I am using bacula for several years now.
The problem is we are offered this specific device but I have no
opportunity to test it before we buy! :-D Both compatibility lists
on wiki and documentation seem to be outdated and do not mention
this model anyway. That's why I'm checking, maybe somebody just had
personal experience with it?

Best regards,

29.04.2015 18:48, Bryn Hughes пишет:
> On 2015-04-29 07:56 AM, Michael Ivanov wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> Does anybody use HP 1/8 G2 LTO6 Ultrium 6250 SAS autoloader device with
>> bacula?
>> We've been offered to buy this model but regrettab ly I couldn't find any
>> bacula compatibility statement about it.
>>
>> Best regards,
>
> Bacula is compatible with anything that the Linux 'mt-st' utilities can
> talk to.  Bacula simply calls the system commands to control the
> autoloader, so provided they haven't implemented anything totally
> proprietary it should be fine.
>
> Bryn

 (OvO) |  Michael                    |
  \^/  |      E-mail:  ivans AT isle.spb DOT ru   |