Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Shadow Copy issue - Fatal error: VssOject is NULL

2015-04-22 03:03:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Shadow Copy issue - Fatal error: VssOject is NULL
From: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:55:55 +0000
As I said, it's not necessarily a disk space issue.
But it is harder to find if it isn't :(

It can also be a RAM issue, even if it would appear that there's plenty of free
memory left.
Some kernel and driver parts of windows allocate a fixed pool of memory at
boot, and can't grow that later.

The high part of the error code won't be of much help here either, 7 is
'facility_win32', which means that a win32 API call failed. Could hardly be
more generic.

I can only suggest that you google for the error code, see if anything comes up
that resembles the symptoms you get, and then check the conditions more deeply
and see if they apply in your case...

Maybe a good place to start: there is a thread about this error, related to VSS
but with EMC instead of Bacula, at backup central.
A couple of answers near the bottom of the page give solutions that "worked for
them".