Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Reserving devices for pools

2015-04-02 14:42:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Reserving devices for pools
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 13:41:12 -0500
On 04/02/2015 01:03 PM, Bryn Hughes wrote:

> I think you could achieve what you are trying to do by using two Changer
> definitions.  Put some of the drives in one 'Changer' and the other
> drives in the other.  Then have your Pool definitions use the changer
> that contains the drives you want.

It sounded to me like the requirement was

I have n drives and 3 pools,
if there active jobs using pool2 or pool2
  jobs that use pool1 may use any (n - 1) drives
else
  jobs that use pool1 may use n drives

My first stab would be to bump the priority of jobs using pool2 & 3 up
and see how fast they finish. If it's fast enough maybe you don't even
need to worry about reserving drives for pool1 jobs.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin