Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Clarification of file-retention and job-retention directives in pool definition

2015-04-02 20:36:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Clarification of file-retention and job-retention directives in pool definition
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dawei Wang <daweiwang.gatekeeper AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 21:31:51 -0300
Hello,

I'm quite sure it was a 5.0.0 bug, fixed in 5.0.4 (http://marc.info/?l=bacula-bugs&m=128199366726360).

Best regards,
Ana

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Dawei Wang <daweiwang.gatekeeper AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
The document stated:
<quote>
We added two new Pool directives, FileRetention and JobRetention, that take precedence over Client
directives of the same name. It allows you to control the Catalog pruning algorithm Pool by Pool. For
example, you can decide to increase Retention times for Archive or O Site Pool.
It seems obvious to us, but apparently not to some users, that given the de nition above that the Pool File
and Job Retention periods is a global override for the normal Client based pruning, which means that when
the Job is pruned, the pruning will apply globally to that particular Job.
Currently, there is a bug in the implementation that causes any Pool retention periods speci ed to apply
to all Pools for that particular Client. Thus we suggest that you avoid using these two directives until this
implementation problem is corrected.
</quote>

I am wondering whether this was fixed in latest release, or do we have a plan to fix it. What i refer is : "Currently, there is a bug in the implementation that causes any Pool retention periods speci ed to apply to all Pools for that particular Client. Thus we suggest that you avoid using these two directives until this implementation problem is corrected."

Thx

baculauser