Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to make bacula handle sparse files correctly

2014-11-27 12:03:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to make bacula handle sparse files correctly
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:00:24 GMT

> On 11/26/2014 10:36 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:
> > Look good, but I think you should remove
> >
> > File = /opt/virtual/images
> >
> > from the Exclude clause.
> >
> > __Martin
>
> Hi Martin, if that is removed, then the sparse file will be backed up twice.
>
> Once without the benefit of Bacula's sparse file support as part of the File =
> /  in the first Include stanza - and it would be a full 40GB, then a second
> time with Bacula's sparse file support as part of the second Include Stanza.
>
> The Exclude makes sure Bacula skips it when sparse file support is not
> enabled.

Hmm, I don't know if that is a bug or by design.  All of the Exclude clauses
are processed for every file under the top level File= lines, so it only works
for you because top level included files (i.e. your second Include clause) are
always included.

If /opt/virtual/images is part of /, then it would be simpler to use multiple
Options clauses in a single Include clause like this:

FileSet {
  Name = puppetmaster-fileset
  Include {
    Options {