Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] centos7 autoloader problem - ok in Cento6

2014-11-11 10:42:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] centos7 autoloader problem - ok in Cento6
From: philhu <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 07:08:21 -0800
I am seeing a wierd autoloader problem in Centos7

I have an hp (Sun) Sl24 changer with one lt04 drive in it.  It works fine in
mt/mtx/bacula etc, perfect.

The problem I am seeing is that if I pull a magazine to change tapes, or use
the mailslot to load a tape, the system hangs on a device wait for the
autoloader.  The system is not hung, just the job that is using the autoloader,
like bacula.

If I unmount the drive in bacula before pulling the magazine, then nothing can
access the drive, 'mtx status' gives a sense error, and all others, like 'mtx
load 13' just hangs.

The only way to clear it is to reboot!

sg-reset, and all scsi bus reset programs do not clear the error.

As I said, this is working fine in centos6 and I did report it as a bug in
Centos7 bug tracking system.

Anyone else see this or come up with a workaround?  Having to reboot after