Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Forcing baccula to purge/recycle a tape instead of appending?!

2014-11-01 18:06:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Forcing baccula to purge/recycle a tape instead of appending?!
From: Thorsten Reichelt <bacula-users AT thorsten-reichelt DOT de>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 23:00:40 +0100
Hi!

Yes, I know.
But I have 6 clients. And for each client I wrote two jobs:

1) Backup to file (pool: filepool)
2) Backup to tape (pool: monthlytape)

The tape backup is triggered on every first saturday of a month.
The schedule and the job looks like this (from memory):

===============
Schedule {
  Name = "MonthlyBackupToTape"
  Run = Level=Full Pool=MonthlyTape 1st sat at 2:00
}

Job {
  Name = "Client1-ToTape"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = dns
  FileSet="fs-dns"
  Storage = LTO4
  Pool = MonthlyBackupToTape
  Schedule = "BackupToTape"
}
===============

But maybe sometimes a backup goes wrong and I want to re-start the
tape backup manually for the specific client. So I'd need jobs like

client1-toFile
client1-toTape-Jan
client1-toTape-Feb
client1-toTape-Mar
client1-toTape-Apr
client1-toTape-Mai
[...]

But to resume the thread's title... can I switch from my "monthytape"
pool (12 tapes / one pool) to the new "1 tape / one pool" pool without
loosing the backup information of the last 11 tapes?