Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem installing bacula on Solaris 10

2014-11-01 13:11:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem installing bacula on Solaris 10
From: Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:05:03 -0500
On 10/31/2014 4:53 PM, Kenneth Garges wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. I avoided it because everyone in the
> office here said stay away from SunStudio, gcc is way better, Solaris
> compilers  are evil, blah blah.

They're incompatible with gnu build chains, especially libtool, so most
gnuware won't build. Name mangling's different so you can't link c++
objs to g++ libs (and vise versa), etfc. Other than that, there was
nothing wrong with 'em back when -- now that there is no sun, they'll
presumably get obsolete at some point.
:(

Dima