Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows client always backs up zero byte files and empty directories

2014-09-18 20:48:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows client always backs up zero byte files and empty directories
From: Dan Ragle <daniel AT Biblestuph DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:44:51 -0400
Think I'm missing something in my setup here, but don't know what.

I'm running director and sd version 7.0.5 on a CentOS box, and backing
up (among others) a Windows Vista Home Premium client (which is running
5.2.10). I'm finding that the incremental saves for the Windows client
ALWAYS include all the empty directories and zero-byte files, whether
they've changed or not.

Looking at the bat/brestore console, I can see for example that a
certain zero-byte file is listed in every incremental backup, and that
it has the same date and Chksum in every entry.

I'm using accurate mode backups, with accurate=pinsmc1:

FileSet {
   Name = Windows
   Include {
     Options {
       compression=GZIP
       signature=SHA1
       accurate=pinsmc1
       checkfilechanges=yes
     }

with the includes and excludes pretty normal (a few * wildcards in the
excludes, but nothing fancy). I'm also backing up a few Linux clients
and a MacOS client with the same director and not noticing this behavior
with those (two of the linux clients are 7.0.5, and the other one as
well as the Mac client is 5.2.6).

Anything obvious jumping out at anybody? I can provide more info if
needed, but figured I'd start with some basics.

Cheers!

Dan Ragle