Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula for OSX 10.9

2014-09-08 10:18:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula for OSX 10.9
From: Robert Oschwald <robertoschwald AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 16:16:28 +0200
You can use MacPorts to build Bacula 7.0.4 (client by default, also supports
MySQL-, PostgreSQL- and SQLite3 Server variants)

Install macports (macports.org), then perform
„sudo port install bacula“

This by default installs the client fd.

Configure the client in /opt/local/etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
When configured, perform
„sudo port load bacula-fd“

To build a DMG file for standalone installation on other machines (which do not
have MacPorts installed), you can perform

sudo port mdmg bacula
cd `port work bacula`

.. there you find bacula-7.0.4.dmg which includes all dependencies.

It’s recommended to use a separate MacPorts installation path for standalone
dmg files.
See
https://guide.macports.org/chunked/using.binaries.html#using.binaries.binary-packages

Robert