Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula-dir ignores second File storage device

2014-04-28 17:12:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula-dir ignores second File storage device
From: shockwavecs <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:04:11 -0700
Hey ,
I cannot get a new File storage device to be used. I can create the volumes and
the volumes appear on the newly added SAN hard disk, but writing to the volumes
fail and change the volume to Error. The Status window of the File-SAN storage
device shows that the job is attempting to run on the primary Storage device
and not this device. Ask for anything you can think of and I will provide.
Thanks!

I have setup bacula-sd.conf to use a second hard disk as a File storage device.
It is called File-SAN:

Device {
  Name = FileStorage-SAN
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /baculastorage-hqsan1/RAID10-slow-hqbacula1
  LabelMedia = yes;
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

I edit the bacula-dir.conf and edit all of the jobdefs to include Storage =
File,File-SAN.
Example:

JobDefs {
  Name = "Linux Root Drive plus mysql databases"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  FileSet = "Linux Root Drive plus mysql databases"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = File,File-SAN
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = File
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/spool/bacula/%c.bsr"
}

Next, I edited the storage section of bacula-dir.conf to include the Storage
with the file name of File-SAN:
..
..
Storage {