Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libbaccats-7.0.2.so: undefined

2014-04-28 10:00:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libbaccats-7.0.2.so: undefined
From: selanty <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 06:54:47 -0700
Hi Jim,

Sry didn't post a reply earlier but was not able to till now.
The problem is solved i got a direct reply.

this did the trick
=======
The short answer to the problem is that with the default Makefile for the
src/cats diretory, the build cannot find the libmysqlclient_r on Ubuntu 12.04.
I'm not exactly sure why the configure works but the Makefile is not built
properly but I am really out of my element when I get deep into building
software on linux. At any rate, to get Bacula to build on Ubuntu 12.04.02 with
mysql, use the proper configure file and make sure that works as expected. Then
edit the src/cats/Makefile produced and change the line MYSQL_LIBS = to
MYSQL_LIBS = -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lmysqlclient_r

Note that this was the proper path for my Ubuntu 12.04.02 LTS 32 bit
installation, but you may have a different path).
=======
so every thing is runnig fine now.