Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] I need help

2014-04-10 15:21:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] I need help
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:18:36 +0200
Hello Phil,

You did a nice job of summarizing it -- thanks.

I will add one more point. Perhaps some of you may think that I am
against all forks of Bacula.  But in fact that is not true.  There are
already several forks of Bacula and I have known about them for quite
some time (well before Bareos), and you have never heard me complain
about them.

Let me mention just one "burp" (strange name, but certainly no worse
that what Bacula means).  The guy who wrote it was also a Bacula
contributor (and if I am not mistaken a Bacula Systems partner).

All you have to do is read the first few lines of his home page that
explain why he created the fork and you can see that he is a good guy,
he just wanted to do something different.  I respect him and wish him
well with his fork.

Best regards,
Kern