Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Changer Wait directive

2014-04-02 13:09:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Changer Wait directive
From: "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>, "Ana Emília M. Arruda" <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 17:07:25 +0000
Alan,

In my case it looks like the autochanger is unable to get the tape out of its
slot. I have already opened a case with IBM and they suggested a Firmware
upgrade which I did last week. This problem has not occurred since the firmware
upgrade but I have to wait longer for this conclusion. I was looking in to
adding " Maximum Changer Wait directive 3d" so that if the tape gets stuck in
the slot during the weekend the job will not fail and I will have some time to
manually mount the needed tape from the command line.  I would also be
interested in the scrip that you have mentioned to unlock the drives.

Thank you.
Uthra